Сiprofloxacin antibiotic. What is Сipro used for?
Ciprofloxacin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic. The drug has antibacterial properties. It affects bacteria by disrupting DNA replication and the synthesis of bacterial cellular proteins.
Indications for use of Ciprofloxacin
“Ciprofloxacin” is used as a systemic treatment orally or intravenously in the following cases:
1. Against sexually transmitted infections: soft chancre, chlamydia, gonorrhea;
2. In case of skin diseases: abscess, wounds, cellulitis, burns, ulcers;
3. Against lung infections: Bronchitis, Cystic fibrosis, Pneumonia;
4. Against a group of diseases of the abdominal organs: Shigellosis, Campylobacteriosis, Salmonellosis, Intra-abdominal abscesses, Infections of the stomach and intestines, Cholera, typhoid fever, Yersiniosis, Peritonitis, Gall bladder and duct diseases;
5. For joint diseases: Septic arthritis, Osteomyelitis;
7. Against infections of the upper respiratory tract: Tonsillitis, Sinusitis, Sinusitis and pharyngitis, Mastoiditis, Sore throat, Frontitis, Otitis media.
Also, “Ciprofloxacin” is used against eye and ear infections and as a postoperative therapy.
Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) pills composition
One tablet consists of 250, 500 or 750 mg of the main active agent and additional components that make up the antibiotic: titanium dioxide (E 171), silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, hypromellose, potato and corn starch, polysorbate 80, polyethylene glycol 6000, magnesium stearate, hypromellose and microcrystalline cellulose.
The solution for the dropper includes 200 mg of ciprofloxacin.
Medicinal properties of antibiotic Ciprofloxacin 500mg
Dr. Arvind Mahadevan, MD: The drug has a pronounced antimicrobial effect (even better than that of Norfloxacin). “Ciprofloxacin” is absorbed in the intestines in a short time, especially if taken on an empty stomach. The highest concentration of the drug in the blood is reached one or two hours after administration or 30 minutes after the injection.
The half-life of the antibiotic is approximately four hours. The drug easily penetrates into all cells and tissues of the body, including the brain. During the day, 40% of the antibiotic is excreted in the urine in almost unchanged condition.
Ciprofloxacin tablets 250/500/750mg. How to take antibiotic Cipro correctly?
Tablets acting prolonged (long), enclosed in a film jacket. Each of them contains 500 or 1000 mg of the substance ciprofloxacin. They are packaged in packs of five or seven.
And tablets containing 250 or 500 mg of the basic agent are packaged in packs of 10 pieces. Tablets “Ciprofloxacin” have a white tint, coated, convex on both sides.
A method of using Ciprofloxacin 250, 500 and 750 mg tablets. Tablets need to be swallowed while drinking the right amount of water. For one use – 250 mg each (if a sore throat or other infection is severe, then 500-750 mg) twice or three times a day.
Tablets with a long option of action are taken once a day. If the patient has an infection of the bladder and ureters, then a dose of 250 mg twice a day is necessary. For acute gonorrheal urethritis, 500 mg should be taken once.
For the treatment of acute forms of gonorrhea and cystitis, with no complications, the course of antibiotic is 1 day. For quinsy and infections of the bladder, ureter, kidneys and abdominal organs, the course lasts 1 week.
Patients with reduced immune defense should take Ciprofloxacin as long as necessary to complete the neutropenic phase. It is necessary to take an antibiotic no longer than 2 months for osteomyelitis, and 1–2 weeks for sore throat and in other cases.
If the patient suffers from chlamydia or streptococcal infection, he is prescribed a course of 10 days.
In the presence of severe kidney damage, the drug dose of the drug is reduced by half, and the elderly people – by 30%.
It is advisable to continue taking the drug for at least 3 days after the body temperature returns to normal and other symptoms of the disease disappear.
Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) price
Today, you can buy Ciprofloxacin tablets in almost any pharmacy.
There are several dosages of tablets: 250, 500 and 750 mg.
How much does antibiotic Ciprofloxacin cost? What is its price in online pharmacies?
The average price of the drug Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) in well-known online pharmacies:
Cipro 750 mg:
- 30 pills – $ 60;
- 90 pills – $ 116;
- 360 pills – $ 365.
Cipro 500 mg:
- 60 pills – $ 44;
- 120 pills – $ 59;
- 360 pills – $ 119.
Cipro 250 mg:
- 90 pills – $ 40;
- 20 pills – $ 46;
- 360 pills – $ 89.
How to buy Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) online? Tips to cheap order
Are you tired of going to city pharmacies and fighting crowds of visitors just to get the desired and necessary medicine? Online shopping has become a mass industry, and more secure than ever. You can virtually find virtually any product if you know where to look. You can also find some great deals. Read the helpful rules below to learn how to find the medicine you want and buy it with confidence and reliability.
1. Search the Internet for the meds you need, for example, Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) 250/500 mg. One of the most effective ways to quickly find online pharmacies offering a Cipro product is to simply use search engines such as Google, Yahoo! or Bing. Typically, Ciprofloxacin is very popular, and you will get several pages with links to stores that sell this drug. You can use this as a starting point for comparing the prices of the drug Cipro.
2. Check the advertisements that are present on the information sites on the drug Ciprofloxacin (Cipro). For difficulty finding items, check out these ads. This is a little more difficult in practice than a regular purchase at a city pharmacy, but you may find good deals and discounts if you take the time.
Online pharmacy advertising sites are subject to much more control than any other unfamiliar sites.
Visit the specialized official online pharmacy sites that appear in advertisements. You can find the best deals for what you need, or a lot of options not available in ordinary pharmacies.
In addition, do not forget to check the website of the manufacturer of products. You can save some money by buying Ciprofloxacin directly from the manufacturer, and not through a retailer. Not all manufacturers have their own online stores.
How to buy Ciprofloxacin 250/500 mg online profitable and cheap?
1. Specify shipping costs. Even if you find a wonderful offer for Ciprofloxacin 250/500 mg, this can be compensated for by the fact that you have to pay for shipping. If this amount is outrageously high, ask yourself whether it is worth paying for taking the pills instead of buying products in the central pharmacy of your city.
2. Compare the cost of different delivery methods for Ciprofloxacin. If you do not urgently need tablets, you can save a lot of money by choosing a slower shipping method.
3. Buy several medicines you need at once to keep shipping costs to a minimum. So, if you buy not only Ciprofloxacin, but something else, then try to ensure that all products come from the same seller as part of a general order. Most manufacturers group your purchases in one batch, so many medicines will deliver to you for free when you purchase over a certain amount of the order!
4. Look for discount coupons. Many online pharmacies provide a field for entering promotional codes. These may be general discounts in the entire store or special offers for specific drugs. Before you make an order for Ciprofloxacin online, search the Internet for discount codes for this particular online pharmacy and enter any coupon found relevant to your purchase.