- 1 What is bladder infection?
- 2 Bladder infection symptoms and signs
- 3 Bladder infection in women
- 4 Male bladder infection
- 5 Bladder infection causes
- 6 Bladder infection diagnosis
- 7 How to treat a bladder infection?
- 8 What cannot be done with inflammation of the bladder?
- 9 What can be done with bladder inflammation?
- 10 How do you know if you have a bladder infection?
- 11 What to do for a bladder infection?
- 12 Home remedies for bladder infection
- 13 How to get rid of a bladder infection? Best antibiotics for bladder infection
- 14 How to buy cheap antibiotics online without prescription? Where to get antibiotics?
What is bladder infection?
Bladder infection (Cystitis) is a disease that often affects young women. The causes of this disease are infections that enter the urinary bladder or flow through the ureter with blood flow.
Numerous genera of fungi, for example, Candida, E. coli, streptococcus, chlamydia, Trichomonas, are the causative agents of this disease. Cystitis develops even after previous diseases of other organs, or with them. For example, cold and sore throat.
In men, a bladder infection occurs in a different pattern. Due to long delays in urination, urine stagnates. Microorganisms invading the bladder, causing disease, multiply and lead to the development of the disease. Symptoms of acute cystitis can be frequent urge to urinate. Painful and scant.
Dr. Andreas Gross (Germany, Hamburg): If the disease occurs with a complication, then the retention of urine becomes difficult. The urine itself becomes turbid and may even become bloody. Acute cystitis can quickly pass, and can go into the chronic phase with incorrect treatment.
A neglected disease can also develop into a chronic form. Other chronic diseases also contribute to this.
Bladder infection symptoms and signs
- Pain and pain during urination – most often during and after urination.
- Pains burning or cutting, give to the area above the pubis.
- Frequent urination in small portions (pollakiuria).
- Increased urination up to the interval “every 5 minutes.”
- Night urination (nocturia). At night, we are usually in a warm, horizontal position. Under these conditions, a spasm is relieved and urination becomes easier.
- Fever. With a far advanced process, there may be an increase in temperature with chills and weakness, sweating.
Bladder infection in women
Women are more likely to suffer from cystitis due to their physiological characteristics.
- Short and relatively wide urethra.
- The proximity of the urethra, vagina and anus. With improper hygiene (washing back to front, poor hygiene), the mucosa is colonized by bacteria, E. coli “Travels” from the anus to the urethra, and thrush fungi from the vagina.
- When having sex, the urethra is in contact with the sexual organs of the partner, as well as being screwed inside and touches the vaginal mucosa. If there is a vaginal infection, inflammation, then it will quickly move to the urinary tract.
- During menstruation, it is necessary to strictly follow the rules of hygiene: a shower (at least local) 2 times a day from front to back, no soap and washing gels, cotton underwear, and no cramped clothing. Menstrual blood is the richest food for bacteria, which is why many women with chronic cystitis experience exacerbation during or after menstruation. Also, hormonal changes during menstruation slightly reduce local immunity.
Male bladder infection
In men, cystitis is less common, because the urethra is curved and much longer. But there are features.
- Cystitis is almost always combined with urethritis, as a rule, the causative agents are STIs (gonococci or trichomonas). Regular flora (E. coli, staphylococcus) is much less common than in women.
- There is a cystitis tubercular nature.
- More often there is blood in the urine.
- It is more difficult, as it is often combined with other diseases (prostatitis – inflammation of the prostate, orchitis – inflammation of the testicle, and others). Patients are concerned about fever and severe general weakness and sweating, in addition to impaired urination.
Bladder infection causes
- Bacterial (E. coli, gonococcus, trichomonas, mycoplasma, Proteus, other bacteria staphylococcus).
- Viral (less common, with severe flu, adenovirus infection. After a viral lesion, bacterial infection always joins further).
- Fungal (with severe candidiasis of the vagina, thrush fungi can enter the bladder).
- Parasitic (rare, occurs only after traveling to the tropics, caused by the parasite Trematoda).
- Traumatic (after injuries of the perineum, in victims of traffic accidents, after carrying out manipulations and examinations on the bladder, for example, after cystoscopy).
- Chemical (against the background of medication for other diseases, against the background of cancer chemotherapy, as well as after ingestion of poisonous liquids, accidentally or for the purpose of suicide).
- Allergic (rare, combined with other allergies, bronchial asthma).
- Exchange (in violation of the metabolism of uric acid – gout, in patients with diabetes mellitus of any type).
- Dishormonal (in women in menopause, on the background of thyroid disease).
- Radiation (after radiation therapy for cancer or radiation in an accident).
Bladder infection diagnosis
1. Collection of complaints and clarification of the circumstances of the disease (history).
2. General urine analysis (Urinalysis) – a lot of leukocytes, mucus, bacteria, a lot of epithelium, turbid urine, possibly an admixture of red blood cells, that is, blood.
3. General blood analysis – signs of inflammation, but only with very violently proceeding infections (leukocytes more than 9 thousand).
4. Biochemical blood test – changes only if the inflammation has reached the kidneys (creatinine and urea levels are increased).
5. Ultrasound of the bladder – gives signs of wall thickening, uneven wall thickness, incomplete emptying, polyps or other neoplasms can be detected.
6. Bacteriological urine culture on the flora with the determination of sensitivity to antibiotics. In the bacterial seeding of urine revealed the growth of microflora (can be any of the above), in conclusion, you will see the numbers 10 * 5 or more and the name of a microbe or several microorganisms.
How to treat a bladder infection?
Diet. What helps a bladder infection?
When inflammation of the bladder should temporarily abandon spicy, smoked, overly acidic foods, strong tea, coffee and any alcohol. This food acidifies the urine and increases the complaints of cutting.
The abundant consumption of sugar, pastries and yeast bread (especially fresh) is also not recommended, since the composition of urine changes and good food for bacteria appears.
Heavy food (fried, fatty) slows recovery, as the body is “distracted” to digest difficult-to-digest food and spends additional forces on it.
Preferred foods: non-acidic dairy products, non-acidic vegetables and fruits, cereals, pasta, boiled meat, steam and boiled fish.
It is very important to consume enough liquid. A good drinking regimen can “flush” the kidneys and urinary tract and speed up the excretion of bacteria and toxins.
Bladder infection tablets. What to take for bladder infection?
Cystitis can be treated with different drugs, but how to choose the right pills? We will tell you about the types of drugs, but we strongly recommend that you consult with a specialist.
Inflammation of the bladder is serious and should be treated by specialists. As a rule, it is a therapist or urologist.
The path of the effect of the drug on the inflammatory process is a very important aspect in the treatment, since most drugs are excreted through the kidneys. On the one hand, we are afraid of too much load on the kidneys, and on the other hand, it is easy enough to deliver the medicine to the urinary tract.
Fluoroquinolones. Meds for bladder infection.
This is in this case the most frequently selected drugs, they are easy to use and quickly give relief of symptoms. But too often, one group of drugs should not be used, bacteria develop resistance and the drug does not work.
Also this group is not recommended until 15 years. And at the age of 18, fluoroquinolones are used only when other drugs have not worked.
1. Ciprofloxacin (Cipro). 250-500 mg is applied 2 times a day. The duration of treatment for an uncomplicated form of inflammation is 3-7 days, and for a complicated form – 7-14 days. The final duration of treatment is always determined by the attending physician. This also applies to other drugs. We will indicate the minimum duration of the course, implying that to cancel the drug because a little bit better, it is impossible, you need to be treated.
2. Norfloxacin. In 1 tablet 400 mg. Apply 1-2 tablets 2 times a day. The course of 5 days.
3. Ofloxacin. In 1 tablet, either 200 mg or 400 mg. Daily dose from 200 to 800 mg, the reception is divided into morning and evening. In addition to pregnancy and childhood, these pills are prohibited for epilepsy. The course of treatment is on average 5-10 days, but perhaps a longer treatment.
4. Levofloxacin. In 1 tablet either 250 mg or 500 mg. The drug is prohibited under the above conditions, as well as if there is damage to the tendons after other antibiotics. The recommended dose of 250 mg 1 time a day, preferably in the morning, drink plenty of water, at least 1/2 cup. The course of treatment is from 3 to 10 days, depending on the severity and duration of the disease.
Penicillins. Antibiotics to treat bladder infection
These are fairly safe and effective drugs. In pregnant women and children under 18 years old, penicillins are used first.
1. Amoxiclav (Augmentin, Amoxicillin + Clavulanic acid) is available in various dosages. But for the treatment of inflammation of the bladder, tablets with a dosage of 500 + 125 mg, 2 times a day, a course of treatment from 5 to 14 days, are relevant. Over 14 days of admission is not recommended to continue. This drug should not be taken by those who suffer from lymphocytic leukemia (blood cancer) and have suffered jaundice just on the background of penicillin intake (viral and other hepatitis are not counted here).
Amoxiclav is an improved form of Amoxicillin. Clavulanic acid is added to it, which prolongs the action of the antibiotic and prevents bacteria from producing resistance to it.
2. Amoxicillin (Flemoxin) is applied on 500 mg 3 times a day, also from 5 to 14 days.
Cephalosporins. Bladder infection remedies
This is a large group of drugs, most of which are injected. They are also allowed in children and pregnant women from the second trimester. Used for chronic forms and frequent recurrences of bladder infections.
1. Cefotaxime. This is a third-generation cephalosporin, not used in pregnant women. Introduced intramuscularly or intravenously. If you make an intramuscular injection, then the contents of one jar (white powder) should be diluted in 2 ml of lidocaine + 2 ml of water for injection; all these solutions will be offered to you at the pharmacy when you buy an antibiotic.
When administered intravenously, the drug is diluted in sterile water for injection of at least 4 ml. If a dropper is required, then Cefotaxime powder is diluted in 50-200 ml of saline or glucose 5%.
Depending on the severity of the infection, injections / droppers are made 2 or 3 times a day. Duration is individual. It often happens that with droppers in a day or three they go to injections. An approximate course from 5 to 14 days, but possibly longer.
2. Suprax (Cefixime) is the only drug in this group in tablets. It is widely used, well tolerated, few contraindications, only allergies. Allowed in pregnant women. Dosage 400 mg (1 tablet) 1 time per day, duration from 7 days, then individually under the control of well-being and tests.
3. Ceftriaxone (Ceftriabol) is used very widely, in pregnant women is allowed from the second trimester, it can be used in children. It is used with caution in people with intestinal diseases (colitis), but this is not a contraindication, but advice. Probiotics (Linex, Maxilac or Bifiform) should also be used in conjunction with an antibiotic.
For the introduction of diluted just like Cefotaxime. Prick / dropper 1 time per day. The usual dosage is 1 gram per day. Course duration is usually from 5 to 14 days. Rarely, the dose is increased to 2 grams per day, this happens in people with an impaired immunity (HIV infection, the state after chemotherapy or radiation).
Antifungal drugs. Fungal cystitis medication
Dr. Andreas Gross (Germany, Hamburg): Diflucan (Fluconazole). It is the most well-known antifungal medication. In fungal cystitis, we suspect other foci in the body, such as the intestines, skin, and esophagus. Therefore, the dosage of the drug is high and self-medication is very dangerous. On the first day, 400 mg (8 capsules, 50 mg each), 2 capsules, 4 times a day, and then 1 capsule, 4 times a day, until a lasting improvement of the condition is applied.
What cannot be done with inflammation of the bladder?
- Take a bath (when you stay in water for a long time, you overdry mucous membranes, and hot water increases blood flow, which increases pain and activates inflammation).
- Apply a heating pad (for the same reason).
- Put ice on the belly (sharp cold reduces local immunity).
- Having sex in the acute period (you can increase the inflammation).
- It is undesirable to use tampons in the period of exacerbation.
- Do not swim in the pool and especially swim in a lake or river.
What can be done with bladder inflammation?
- Take a warm shower.
- Use pads during menstruation.
- You can adhere to the usual mode, go to the gym (if you are so used to), but only during the period of treatment.
- After the reduction of the acute process, you can have sex, it is recommended to use hypoallergenic condoms.
How do you know if you have a bladder infection?
Cystitis begins with lower abdominal pain, which increases as the bladder is full. You often want to go to the toilet, although the amount of urine can be scarce. Concerned about pain, stinging or burning during urination, blood excretion, pain in the bladder and perineum.
The patient is haunted by a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder. In severe cases, nausea, vomiting, urine becomes turbid.
Cystitis is not characterized by temperatures above 37.5. If the symptoms are accompanied by fever, an urologist’s urgent consultation is required to rule out kidney disease.
Do not confuse cystitis with urethritis – inflammation of the urethra. Urethritis is manifested only by burning, pain, or pain when urinating. Often these diseases accompany each other.
Cystitis may be asymptomatic. In this case, it can be diagnosed by chance when analyzing urine for another reason.
Chronic cystitis occurs after improper treatment of acute cystitis, and the entire bladder wall is involved in the process. Its main manifestations are the same as the manifestations of acute cystitis, but are less pronounced.
What to do for a bladder infection?
Doctors recommend during the bladder infection to comply with bed rest. It is shown abundant drink in the form of warm fruit drinks (especially lingonberry and cranberry), compotes and tea. Recommended vegetables and fruits, dairy products.
With acute pain, you can take a warm shower. However, such procedures should be excluded if blood is detected in the urine – this will increase the bleeding.
The stage, type, form of the course of cystitis determines its treatment. It can be prescribed only by a doctor according to the results of examinations. Typically, treatment includes immune, antibacterial, antifungal drugs, liver aids, and physiotherapy. Interstitial cystitis is practically not treatable.
The use of natural products for the treatment and prevention of cystitis is the standard recommendation of urologists.
During the period of treatment are prohibited: strong physical exertion, sexual intercourse without a condom, hypothermia, alcohol, carbonated, coffee, spicy, salty, pickled, smoked.
If pregnant women and those who are planning to become moms have cystitis, they should inform the doctor. For those who have frequent cystitis, and the pregnancy has come, it is advisable to abstain for the entire period of pregnancy from sexual activity. Cystitis can affect the fetus and the course of pregnancy. During pregnancy, you cannot use the full treatment and many antibacterial agents, especially in the first 12 weeks.
Home remedies for bladder infection
Treatment of cystitis with the folk remedies at home spend a long time courses for 1.5-2 months, with a break between courses for 1-2 weeks. Folk remedies for the treatment of cystitis can be combined with other types of treatment.
Useful of decoction of herbs (kidney tea, bearberry), have a diuretic effect. For the treatment using various fees, including Chamomile, St. John’s wort, Plantain, Field Horsetail, Calamus Swamp. Herbal medicine in combination with diet and warming procedures are often quite effective both in the treatment of acute cystitis and in order to avoid exacerbations in the chronic course of the disease.
In uncomplicated cases, drinking herbal tea from chamomile or meadow tea will help reduce inflammation. Bearberry ordinary is a strong antiseptic. Celery seeds, ordinary croup (it acts on edematous tissues as a tonic and astringent), and Altea medicinal (strong softening effect) will also help.
Improvement with herbal medicine occurs after 2-3 weeks of regular use of herbs. Before you take one or another collection, it is desirable to familiarize yourself with the contraindications to herbs that are part of this collection in herbalist.
How to get rid of a bladder infection? Best antibiotics for bladder infection
Dr. Andreas Gross (Germany, Hamburg): Inflammation of the bladder is accompanied by acute pain, to eliminate which antibiotics are used for cystitis – agents that can quickly destroy germs and relieve pain during an exacerbation of the disease. In order for the treatment process to be effective, one should strictly follow the recommendations of the doctor. Self-selected means may be ineffective and cause unwanted effects.
What antibiotics should be taken with a bladder infection (cystitis)?
Modern medicine offers a wide range of drugs of synthetic and semi-synthetic origin, which have a suppressive effect on pathogenic microorganisms.
The following types of antibiotics are used to treat infections of the urogenital system:
- inhibitor penicillins;
- phosphonic acid.
1. Inhibitor-protected penicillins.
For the treatment of the acute form of bacterial infections in women apply short courses of antibiotic therapy with the help of inhibitor-protected penicillins. This is a group of products containing compounds that inactivate beta-lactamase.
The sensitivity of bacteria to the effects of drugs increases due to the suppression of their resistance to penicillins:
- name: Amoxicillin;
- description: affects gram-positive and gram-negative infectious pathogens, as well as E. coli. Effective in the treatment of inflammation of the bladder, including urethritis, cystitis;
- method of administration: in the mild form of the disease, the drug is taken orally at 0.5 g three times a day, the severe course of the disease involves increasing the dose by half;
- Pluses: quickly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract;
Inflammation of the urinary tract and bladder is effectively eliminated by the semisynthetic antibiotic Ampicillin:
- name: Ampicillin;
- description: highly effective remedy for urinary tract infections and mixed infections, does not collapse under the influence of gastric acid;
- method of administration: 1 capsule containing 250 mg of the active substance 4 times a day for 5-7 days;
- pluses: high efficiency on condition of positive sensitivity of bacteria to it;
- Cons: negatively affects the intestinal microflora.
Studies to determine the sensitivity of uropathogens to the effects of antibiotics have shown that fluoroquinolones have the largest antibacterial activity – a group of substances that are close to antibiotics in their activity and spectrum of antimicrobial activity.
A distinctive feature of this type of medicine is the lack of natural analogues. Fluoroquinolones are classified by generations, which are distinguished from each other by resistance to beta-lactamases (enzymes of the body that counteract antibiotics).
Another agent that has an effective antibacterial effect on microorganisms affecting the bladder is Ciprofloxacin:
- name: Ciprofloxacin (Cipro);
- description: bactericidal drug, effective against atypical fast-growing bacteria, indicated in infectious and inflammatory diseases of the urinary and biliary tract;
- method of administration: by mouth 1-2 tablets twice a day before meals, a course of treatment from 7 to 10 days;
- Pros: effective against microbes that are resistant to most types of antibiotics;
- Cons: not assigned to pregnant women and children under 15 years old, can cause serious side effects.
Treatment of cystitis with antibiotics in women is effective with the use of third-generation drugs, characterized by a broad spectrum of antibacterial action and high resistance to beta-lactamase action:
- name: Levofloxacin;
- description: a synthetic antimicrobial agent that is active against most microbial strains;
- method of administration: orally 1-2 tablets per day for 3-5 days, food intake does not affect the absorption of the drug;
- pluses: wide spectrum of action, quick effect;
- cons: palpable side effects.
The group of antibiotics, which is considered the most low-toxic, is macrolides. The prescription of macrolide drugs for inflammation of the urogenital system is due to the presence of allergic reactions in patients to other types of antibacterial agents.
The use of antibiotic preparations based on azithromycin contributes to the creation of a high concentration of the active substance in the inflammatory focus, on which the effective bactericidal effect is based:
- name: Zithromax (Sumamed);
- description: azalide, has the property of accumulation and long-term presence in the tissues of the body, has a wide spectrum of action, is effective in the treatment of complicated and uncomplicated cystitis in women, urethritis, cervicitis;
- method of administration: a single daily dose is 125 mg per hour before meals, the course of therapy is 5 days;
- pluses: possesses immunomodulatory activity;
- Cons: often causes a violation of the gastrointestinal tract.
Antimicrobial action is a violation of protein synthesis on the ribosomes of the pathogen cell:
- name: Roxithromycin;
- description: semisynthetic antibiotic, active against intracellular pathogens, is prescribed for pyelonephritis, chronic cystitis, infectious diseases of the urinary tract;
- method of administration: tablets with a dosage of 150 mg should be drunk before meals 2 times a day;
- pluses: rare side effects;
- Cons: contraindicated in pregnant women.
4. Phosphonic acid.
Antibiotics for inflammation of the bladder based on fosfomycin (a derivative of phosphonic acid) are represented by one drug – Monurol:
- name: Monurol;
- description: the agent with a pronounced antibacterial effect, providing irreversible and targeted suppression of pathogenic enzymes, is indicated for acute cystitis, recurrent urinary infections;
- method of administration: in order to cure cystitis, take 1 sachet of food on an empty stomach, dissolving it in half a glass of water. The bladder must be emptied before taking the drug;
- Pros: approved for use during pregnancy and without testing for susceptibility of infectious agents;
- Cons: high price.
How to buy cheap antibiotics online without prescription? Where to get antibiotics?
Any antibiotic in the city pharmacy is sold by prescription. But this does not mean that the city pharmacy will necessarily require a prescription. The pharmacy will definitely refuse if a person simply requires an inexpensive antibiotic without naming the name. But if a person knows what he needs and in what dosage, then the drug is likely to be released. But there is a simpler and more popular way to buy medicines today – ordering online at an online pharmacy!
Relatively inexpensive are drugs Ciprofloxacin, Norfloxacin, Ofloxacin. They are used for infections of the urinary system, respiratory system, gastrointestinal tract.
All antibiotics are sold in the online pharmacy without a prescription, and this is Tetracycline, Levomycetin, Ampicillin, Doxycycline, Amoxicillin and other popular antibiotics.
The list of cheap broad-spectrum antibiotics is not very large, but the most popular and effective group is penicillin antibiotics. Penicillin and its derivatives are sold online without a prescription and have a rather powerful effect against bacteria that did not have time to adapt to it.
If you have confidence, and you wish to order the necessary antibiotic for your treatment, then you can contact a proven online pharmacy.